Friday, October 15, 2010

Weekend in NYC: Day Four

Monday morning we slept in a bit, got up and decided to explore my brother's Long Island neighborhood. Being the skinny, never having to diet guy that he is, he suggested a walk to the local Italian bakery.
Seriously? As if last night's cannoli wasn't enough temptation? Not wanting to be a party pooper, I donned my sneakers and off we went.



While Beren and my bro scanned the rows of pastries, cookies, cakes, etc, I had my eye on the bread. Swooon...my weakness. I was salivating thinking about a hunk of that doughy goodness topped with a dollop of butter or a swish of good olive oil..droool...





And yet, when it came down to it, I walked home with a box of cookies to bring back to my kids and while my menfolk had this for breakfast..



I ate this..



along with a Jenny Craig breakfast bar. Can I have a HUGE round of applause for willpower, please?

Once their sugar coma wore off, we jumped in the car and headed to Fire Island. Ooh, spending some time in the "country" was just what I needed after several jam-packed city days!





We then visited this charming little town, Cold Spring Harbor..





where I had the best chicken curry salad (1/2 a sandwich, saved the other for dinner on the plane) at the Gourmet Whaler and did a bit of window shopping. Such cute things, if I didn't have to pay to check more luggage I'd be maxing out my credit card on these goodies!





We got back to the house and enjoyed a glass of wine on the front porch, soaking up the beautiful sunshine before heading for the airport. Arrived back home around 9 pm where I opened up that box of cookies for my (skinny) children, watched them ooh and ahh in pure pleasure. Sigh...

Total steps logged: 13,137 which is about 6.2 miles.

Now, what I know you're all waiting for...after all of those yummy (yet moderate) meals, all of the wine & beer, combined with miles & miles of walking..how was my weigh-in on Wednesday?

Well, I stayed the same. No gain, no loss, which is exactly what I expected. My Jenny Craig consultant wasn't surprised, either, and we both agreed that while I could have done better(less wine, more salad), I was comfortable with my choices and enjoyed my vacation to the fullest! No deprivation, no over-indulgences, no gain. No worries! Also, even though the scale doesn't show it, my clothes do feel looser and my legs look tighter so perhaps I lost some inches as well.

I'm back on track and can already see a tiny loss on my bathroom scale, am looking forward to a good weigh-in next week! But first, it's Biketoberfest in Daytona and guess where we are?

Stand by for more tales of our adventures! *wink*

Have a Beauty-Full Day,

9 comments:

  1. Strength you have, surrounded by that awesome bakery fare and you ate an apple; that is great.

    No gain after a great vacation, that didn't happen by accident. Great job being true to yourself while getting out there and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Gd Rapunzel,you have such amazing willpower! I would totally have caved at the bakery and used all the walking and being on holiday for an excuse.So fabulous!xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did REALLY well on vacation- you had a fun time by the look sof it, and made brilliant choices (massive round of applause from me!).

    I think you have done very well to maintain having been out of your routine. Congrats!
    x
    lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your got a loud applause coming from me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WooHoo to us for not gaining!

    I am so sorry we won't be around this weekend! We went to the Iron Horse and Boot Hill today with my girlfriend and her husband. We had a great time and I am exhausted from riding all day! I am ALMOST looking forward to the drive to my father-in-laws tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Leah! :)

    Jacquie, we will definitely make it another weekend, enjoy your visit with the in-laws! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miss Frangipani, you know I wanted to cave, lol! But I just couldn't, especially with my doctor brother watching, lol!

    ReplyDelete