Friday, October 29, 2010

Just Rewards



Jenny Craig talks a lot of rewarding oneself, non-foodwise, of course. The Counselor will often ask, "How will you reward yourself for _______." Well, being a Leo, I'm pretty good about pampering myself..grin..so I need little encouragement in this area.

Each week that I lose weight, I treat myself to a little something, usually under $10.00, just to honor my accomplishment and make me feel special.

Last week I bought this long-awaited book by Mad Men's Costume Designer, Janie Bryant.

“It’s about becoming your own leading lady and developing your own fabulous personal style,” Bryant said. ”It really is about having a little crush on yourself.”



This really was a lovely gift to myself, I've spent several evenings this past week curled up on the couch with a cup of tea, planning my post-weight-loss Mad Men-inspired wardrobe. Fortunately I already have a couple of appropriate outfits in my closet, just waiting for me to fit into them!

For this week's reward, I walked over to Fresh Market and bought myself a gorgeous bouquet of long-stemmed roses to put on my nightstand. ($8.99, can't beat the price!)



And now, my Victory List for the past couple of days:

*Put on my favorite black sheath dress yesterday, discovered that not only is it loose on me, but I had to take the belt in one notch!

*Went to Kali's to help her move yesterday, ordered take-out Cuban food for dinner. While she ate black beans with white rice and yuca and Beren gobbled up ham croquettes, I ate my Jenny Craig meal which I had to prepare in the oven since K doesn't have a microwave yet. She and Beren celebrated the move with cocktails..I had a can of Fresca.

I'm building up strength, it's becoming easier to resist aforementioned temptations. My motivation is strong, am feeling really good. I joined a JC message board Thanksgiving challenge - my goal is to get down to 159 by Thanksgiving. That's 7 weeks away, surely I can lose a pound a week between now & then.

Off to run errands and then hit the treadmill, have a beauty-full day!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds great. Pretty soon Shneider will come looking for you .... Let's see if you can figure that one out down South...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Keep up the great work honey! I think I will have to get that book right away! Kori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm..Allan, are you referring to the infamous Schneider of One Day at a Time fame? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kori! You'll love the book! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rewarding yourself for success, I think you know I am a big fan of rewards. Very happy to see you doing the same and reaping rewards for your efforts. Keep on gett'n it done. Have a Great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing beautifully! Congrats on the victories and your success so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing great! And here's another award: tomorrow I am giving you and 9 other awesome blogs a blogging award so stay tuned for that on my blog in the morning! : )

    ReplyDelete