Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rockin' the Beer Gut...Not!


Lest you guys think I've got this whole resisting temptation thing figured out, I'm here to confess my faux pas of last evening. Beren and I bought VIP tickets to an all-day country music event, included free food and beer..all day long. Gulp. Knowing that hours of drinking & eating would not be good for me, we opted to spend the afternoon elsewhere, enjoying some Biketoberfest sights & sounds in Daytona Beach.




(How's that for eye candy?)

I had dinner at home and then headed to the concert around 6:30 pm. By this time there was very little left to eat, poor planning on the part of the event promoters and bad for Beren who hadn't eaten yet, but good for me. I nibbled on some grapes and celery, had just a taste of chicken salad, no problem. However, the beer got me into trouble. It was just too easy to grab one..then two..then three..of those free beers while I was rockin' out to Gretchen Wilson! Granted, they were light beers but still..totally unnecessary and unplanned-for calories. I do not want to be rockin' any beer gut, ok?



So, what am I gonna do about it? I already started drinking my water, ate my Jenny breakfast, plan on a long walk with Loki, stay 100% on program today...just get right back on track and let last night's indulgences be a thing of the past.

Have a Beauty-Full Day,

7 comments:

  1. Awesome weekend pix. Almost time to get back to the 9 to 5 stuff. Life goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Pics...Nothing wrong with a diet break, sometimes it helps with the scale being stuck,how's that for a positive spin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is NOTHING wrong with drinking a few beers while watching country music! Tomorrow is another day, and Gretchen Wilson is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right-a thing of the past. Plus, it's not like you go to events like that with free beer flowing all night long, right? And what concert is complete without a beer or two? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yesyesyes.
    you had an awesome time and life is too short not to, Sister.

    Im with allan.
    ENTIRELY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures! And yes yes yes drink the water!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much to everyone for the support! I'm back on track and hoping for a loss at weigh-in tomorrow! *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete