Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sunny Skies





Had a fantastic Friday, how about you guys? The sun came back out in all it's glory, a beautiful day here in Florida!

I was feeling a little big sluggish thanks to some "girly issues" but I still managed to log about 2,000 steps on my new pedometer, burning 134 calories. Not a lot, but enough to justify a pleasant happy hour. *smile* According to my Jenny counselor, one glass of wine is "free," but if I have another I need to give up my "fat" for the day. So, that's just what I did. Instead of having salad with dressing for lunch, I chose steamed veggies instead. When happy hour rolled around, I was able to sit in the bar with my friends and enjoy two glasses of chardonnay, stretched out over the course of a a couple of hours by adding lots of ice. It worked perfectly! I had also planned my dinner accordingly. Knowing that I might be tempted by all of that greasy bar food, I had a Jenny Craig soup before leaving the house, saving my dinner for when we got home. It was great walking into the house knowing that I had spaghetti & meatballs and cheesecake waiting for me! Yes, cheesecake! (Images below courtesy of Jenny Craig, but I promise the actual food looks just like this!)





Now, about those gorgeous pin-up pictures above..grin...that, my dears, is what Beren's going to buy me when I reach goal weight! (the bathing suit, not the model). Isn't it gorgeous? In case you want to buy one for your own pin-up body, you can find it at one of my favorite spots, Pin-Up Girl Clothing. If this isn't incentive to stay on program, I don't know what is! And, hey, maybe it will even encourage Beren to take a little walk with me now & then, what do you think? *wink*

Have a Beauty-Full Day,

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the suit! I want one... :)

    The cheesecake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made a good plan for your happy hour. Not only did you make allowances for the extra calorie intake, you made sure you had something to eat when you got home. I don't know about you, but I get the munchies when I drink, so to avoid bar food and to come home to a healthy meal is a total WIN!

    Beren better get the credit card ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute suit!! Cuter cheesecake! ;-)

    I think you did a fantastic job with moderating your allowances-I know how you like your wine! Keep it up girl!!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if my other comment got erased or not-just wanted to say I think you are doing a great job moderating your allowances!

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm,the 2nd glass of wine costs you all of your fat for the day, ALL of it? That wine better be very good stuff. Looking forward to seeing Beren's photo skills when you make that goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Polar's Mom!

    Mark, me, too! I can (and do) eat everything in sight if I'm not careful!

    SherRon, isn't the suit so cute??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patrick, unfortunately I only get one "fat," which is the salad dressing. I guess because I'm on the 1,200 calorie plan, maybe other plans get more. But, yeah, the wine was worth it! ;)

    ReplyDelete