Monday, October 4, 2010

Step Up! (Jenny: Day Five)



11,028, that's how many steps I walked yesterday. 601, that's how many calories I burned. Whoo-hoo! I gotta tell you, it took a conscious effort on my part to reach that 10,000 mark, and then once I got there it became a game to see how much farther I could go. I took a little neighborhood walk in the morning with Loki, then the rest of the day I just performed my normal weekend chores - housekeeping, laundry, cooking, etc. Oh, I also baked some cupcakes and am proud to say that I didn't take a single bite. That took some willpower, let me tell you!



Instead, here's what I ate:

Breakfast: Jenny's Breakfast Scramble, coffee, fruit (I actually saved the fruit for my morning snack & most of the milk for later), Jenny's multivitamin



Snack: Yogurt (80-100 calories) and mixed berries (saved from breakfast)

Lunch: Jenny's Beef Chow Mein, steamed vegetables, Jenny's multivitamin



Snack: Fruit (frozen mixed berries)with leftover milk from breakfast made into a smoothie

Dinner: Jenny's Macaroni & Cheese, 1 cup of green beans, Jenny's antioxidant



Snack: Apple with wedge of Laughing Cow Light cheese, small glass of red wine, sipped in the hot tub with my sweetie. *wink*

2 Liters of water consumed over the span of the day


Now, back to the weekday grind, ugh! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend, Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. It appears that Jenny and Repunzel can be friends after all. Keep up the willpower. It will pay off soon. Your words are written with a sense of happiness right now. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WARNING: Combining hot tubs with alcohol may lead to happiness! ;)

    I can honestly say that I have never considered eating cheese with an apple. I still haven't tried them with peanut butter and I'm not sure about that either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misunderstood, Jenny and I are getting along quite well! :)Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark, I hadn't tried it until a couple of years ago, and now I love apples with peanut butter or cheese! :)

    And I so agree about the hot tub/alcohol combination...wink...

    ReplyDelete