Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Measure of a Woman


I figured it would be a good idea to track my measurements as well as weight because we all know that the scale doesn't tell the whole story.

So this morning I grabbed Bambi's measuring tape from her sewing kit and bit the bullet. As of today, having already lost 4 pounds, my measurements are:

Bust: 40D
Waist: 35.5"
Hips: 41.5"
Thigh: 24"
Dress Size: 10/12


*gulp* I knew my bust size having been "professionally" measured for a bra recently but I did not realize my hips & waist were so large; I'm larger in the waist than Beren! (I do not intend to share that little detail with him, ok?) I was surprised that my thighs weren't bigger, not that 24" is tiny (that's what my waist used to be!), but from the way they feel when they rub together I expected an even higher number!

So, there you go. Not pleased but it can only get better from here, and knowledge is power, right?

In other news, I was having a particularly blue day yesterday, emotions all over the map, sad & weepy. I met my Dad and Kali at a sports bar to discuss our upcoming weekend (more about that later), had a glass of wine but did not order any food. I had already eaten something before I left so I wasn't really hungry and, honestly, my Dad's chicken wings did nothing for me. Huh. I wasn't even tempted to order their peel & eat shrimp which were on special, nor the buffalo shrimp that Kali had. Interesting. One would think that, being the emotional eater than I am, I'd dive into some deep fried comfort food, yet I didn't. One small Non-Scale-Victory for me!

Off to work then plan on a bike ride tonight, let's see if I can get those thigh measurements a bit lower!

Have a Beauty-Full Day,

4 comments:

  1. I haven't dared do the measuring thing yet - weighing in initially was hard enough, lol!

    I want that purty lady's tiny waist - waaaaah!

    Good NSVs for you - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want her tiny waist, too! sigh...

    Thank you for the kind words! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel too bad sug, lots of women would love to have your waistline as it is! But I sure do know how hard the "world of weightloss" can, and I wish you luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Mama Brook! So glad you stopped by. :)

    ReplyDelete