Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Moonlight Walk


"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night...."
~Bruce Springsteen, Thunder Road


That was the song playing on my i-pod early this morning as I strode down my neighborhood streets, dodging raindrops and loving every minute of it! You see, despite the fact that I'm a Leo and therefore a Sun sign, I am really a moon girl. I love walking in the late night or early morning when la luna is glowing, it's cool and quiet. I can think, meditate, or just turn up the music and turn my brain off for a while. Once the sun has risen, I have no interest in being outdoors unless it's in my pool or on a beach. It's just too freakin' hot! Maybe I'm a vampire? *wink*

Also, I enjoy waking up and having coffee with Beren before he heads off to work and that doesn't leave much time for a walk. However, he's on a new work schedule now and is leaving the house by 6:30 so guess what? If I get up and put on my workout clothes while he gets dressed, I can still share our morning java time & then hit the pavement while he's pulling out of the driveway. It's still a bit dark outside and today I had the added bonus of a light rain to keep me cool. Perfect!

Off to the office for me, have a ton of work to catch up on. As far as dinner plans, it's Pizza Night for the Man and the Kids and I'd planned on leftovers for myself but, alas, the post-vacation fridge is pretty bare! Apparently when Mama isn't here the little darlings do more dining out than in. Instead, I'm going to make myself a nice salad so that I don't feel deprived while they're devouring that cheesey goodness. This recipe for Chicken and Strawberries Over Mixed Greens looks delicious and refreshing. After a light dinner, maybe I'll feel like taking another Vampira moonlit walk...heh..heh..heh...

Have a Beauty-Full Day,

6 comments:

  1. Night time walks are glorious, except for the whole fact I have this super fear of being abducted or something crazy like that! ;-) I do have another question - how in the world can you handle eating the salad while they dive into the cheesy pizza? I am certainly not a strong enough woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning walks to meditate... Sounds like the perfect scenario! I do all my best thinking while I am doing my cardio in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture! Ed Wood was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I do wish I lived in a safer neighborhood. I jogged the other night in the early evenings and it was wonderful. I think it's really sweet you waking up early to have a cup of joe with Beren.

    Also, way to go on the willpower front. I do not trust myself anywhere near pizza. Good going for you.

    Enjoy your salad. Sounds yummy.
    paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paula, I don't always, lol! Sometimes I indulge but I try to remember moderation. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole, you know, with all of my fears & worries that isn't one of them. I live in Suburbia, it's pretty safe, and I don't think I'm the usual target, lol.

    ReplyDelete