Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Like Me or Not


"Like It Or Not"

You can call me a sinner
You can call me a saint
Celebrate me for who I am
Dislike me for what I ain't

Put me up on a pedestal
Or drag me down in the dirt
Sticks and stones will break my bones
But your names will never hurt

I'll be the garden
You be the snake
All of my fruit is yours to take
Better the devil that you know
Your love for me will grow
Because

[Chorus]
This is who I am
You can
Like it or not
You can
Love me or leave me
Cus I'm never gonna stop
No no


Deviating a little bit from the pin-ups today...I was listening to this song during my walk this morning and was really inspired by the lyrics. The older I get the more self-confidence I acquire, despite the weight & aging issues, and the less caring I am of what other people think. Very empowering indeed! Leave it to another Leo to put into words exactly what I'm feeling as I approach my 46th birthday.



P.S. In case you don't recognize it, the image above is Lilith (another kick-ass lady) by John Collier. One of my favorite works of art, love the serpent!

5 comments:

  1. I pull inspiration from music all the time. I love the way it can say the same thing to everyone listening but people have it make sense for their life... I love music!!! I have created some written and produced...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine gave me that peice as a reproduction for Christmas several years ago. I lurve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misunderstood, I agree! Music is very powerful..and empowering..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelshei, I would love to have the print! It's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The print would have you ask, who is in control, the serpent or the girl. Look at her face, then the snakes... yeah she is.

    ReplyDelete