Sunday, May 23, 2010

On the Right Track

hilda030


I've been making some small changes this weekend and really feel that I'm on the right track! For instance, I woke up really early (4 am), consumed by dark thoughts and nightmares. Not fun. Instead of lying there wallowing and working myself up into an anxious state, I got up, put my shoes on and grabbed Loki's leash. We went for a 15-minute walk around the block, cleared my head and got my heart moving a bit.

Later, Beren and I took his girls to the beach. It was a gorgeous day, picture-perfect as you can see. Instead of lounging in the chair reading or, god forbid, eating, I took a 30 minute walk along the ocean. It was heavenly! The sand is so hard up here that I feel like I got a really good work-out while communing with Mother Nature. Good for body, mind and Spirit!

Though I am avoiding "white stuff," I knew that Beren and I would be going out for cocktails later and in my experience it's wise to have some carbs before imbibing. They seem to soak up the alcohol better...grin....so, for dinner I made some pasta, had a bit of that with salad, then headed out for a night on the town!

A local blues club hosted a special performance of an awesome rockabilly band, The Torkays. We met up with some friends, shared some laughs, rocked out to great music and generally had a hell of a good time! Now, I did have three glasses of chardonnay but it was over the course of four hours and I had them served with ice. Not the "proper" way to serve wine but it made the drinks last longer and kept me a bit hydrated at the same time.

Torkay @ Bank & Blues

Froggy's

Note: In the spirit of honesty, I seriously considered not sharing the pics above...I had a long moment of self-disgust, seeing how absolutely huge I look in both...but it is what it is and I am not going to wallow in pity 'cause that is self-defeating and certainly won't get me any closer to my goal.

Because of my good choices yesterday, I wasn't afraid to step on the scale this morning. Though it's not my official weigh-in day, I was happy to see the number about a pound less already. Yay! See, small changes do make a big difference!

So, here it is Sunday and we'll be headed back "home" this afternoon. I'm not ready to go, that seems to be happening more & more lately. I feel so much healthier up here, there's just something about this town, this lifestyle. Even when I start to lose my way, it's so much easier to get back on track. I'm really hoping Beren can get a job transfer..soon. But that's another story for another day. For now I'm going to wake up my man and start planning our day!

Hope yours is Beauty-Full,

10 comments:

  1. EXcellent news about the pound! Inspiring. I can assure you - similar issues.. going up.. and I want to come back down again! (weight wise)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great! Im struggling with diet as well, and my doctor/professor told me that its more of a decision rather of a willpower. I even set a goal that I'd be posing for a pinup (yeah i do love pinup! like you do!) once i lost all the extra pounds. A decision to change your life/lifestyle. I couldnt agree more. Stopping from Lady Bloggers Teaparty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by for the Sunday Social Tea Party from the Lady Bloggers.

    I love your images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Inner Pin-Up...I just was retracing some steps at the Lady Bloggers Tea party and saw your name...I have just the blog that you may be liking...the reason I say this, is I am holding a pin up contest on my blog...now, entries have been extended until Saturday May 29 so if you are up for some fun, empowerment and prizes, stop bye!!! I have entered my own contest and can not tell you how amazing it was!!! Photos have been displayed too!

    Danon

    The Insatiable Host

    www.insatiablehost.blogspot.com
    www.pantypyramid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danon, thank you for thinking of me! I seriously doubt I could win a pin-up contest, lol, but I'll go take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne, thank you so much for stopping by and for your sweet words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mhel, pin-ups are great motivation, aren't they? ;) Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole, we can do it! That scale will be moving down in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Jules, don't you just love Hilda? :)

    ReplyDelete