Sunday, November 15, 2009

Party Time!


There's a busy day ahead for this pin-up wanna-be as I am invited to not one but two birthday parties! First, my dear friend R is having her annual bash at our favorite biker bar, always a good time. Afterward we are heading to a fancier soiree where my friend N is celebrating her 30th birthday. Both parties include live music and everflowing liquor but not a whole lot of food. I learned my lesson long ago about having something in my tummy if I'm going to indulge in a couple of cocktails and greasy bar food is not the best choice!

So, I'll be using my crockpot once again today, preparing this tasty chicken dish alongside steamed veggies and potatoes for the other folks. Oh, and since my girls don't eat meat, they'll have a chicken substitute, have you all tried these Quorn products? They are surprisingly good! The consistency is very poultry-like, am quite impressed with them!

Before I don my party hat, however, I have a bit of work to do here at home so I'll leave you with this scrumptious recipe. Have a fabulous day!

Crockpot Roast Sticky Chicken

4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 large roasting chicken
(NOTE: I didn't have any white pepper so i used a total of 1 tsp. black pepper instead)

In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices. Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin. Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight. When ready to cook, put the bird into the crockpot and do not add any liquid. As the cooking process goes on it will produce it's own juices. Cook on low 8 - 10 hours and it will be falling off the bone tender.


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Hey just found you. Glad I did. The pin-up is my inspiration too. To me a pin-up is the perfect woman. Still curvy and soft but not fat. Not to thin either, looks like a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She Woke up Fat, thanks so much for visiting my blog! Pin-ups are the perfect female image, I agree! Curves are beautiful! :)

    I just popped into your blog as well, am following you now & can't wait to read more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the chicken recipe, I'm going to try it next time birds are on sale.
    I have a blog too!

    http://MyDarlingDump.blogspot.com

    It's true I do live in a dump, and I'm so grateful for it! I entered a contest would you go and click the link to vote for me?
    I'm hoping to win the prize of dental care.

    _BLUE_

    From Sparkpeople.com

    We both use cutest blog on the block!

    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. _blue_, thank you so much for stopping by! I visited your blog as well, it's lovely! I voted for you, good luck! xoxox

    ReplyDelete