Thursday, January 21, 2010

Staying Focused


Emery Clarke
Originally uploaded by ondiraiduveau
January 21, 2010
Staying Focused
Leo Daily Horoscope

Scattered thoughts and feelings could leave you distracted today. While your head may be firmly fixed in the clouds as you dream wondrous dreams, your body could be attending to mundane chores. As a result, you may feel torn between what you must do and that what you would rather be doing. You may feel unfocused and undirected, especially if you are neglecting your life’s goals in the pursuit of matters related to survival and obligation. You may be able to compose your thoughts and clear your mind by concentrating on the tasks before you, even as you daydream and plan for the future. What you muse upon today has value because it can become the foundation for your future.

Keeping one part of your attention always fixated on your goals can help you retain your feelings of progress even when life’s mundane matters demand your attention. The feeling that our goals and dreams have little worth or that we are incapable of fulfilling them is often sharpest when we are forced to devote ourselves to people and situation unrelated to what we wish to accomplish. Allowing yourself to think and plan about what you are striving for—even when you are too busy to do anything physically tangible—gives you a means to be productive so that you are always working toward what you want. A small amount of thought can keep your goals fresh in your mind and help you stay focused. When you allow yourself to think about the future today, you won’t feel that your efforts have been wasted.


This really hits home with me today as I'm seriously overwhelmed with work & home obligations as well as some other "stuff" that is distracting me from my own personal goals. It's hard to stay focused and take care of oneself when pulled in so many different directions, when the road ahead appears to be full of roadblocks and detours set up by others.

I'm working on it, though, staying mostly on program as far as my diet but need to work in some exercise. I know I'll feel better emotionally and physically if I work off some of this stress on the treadmill and if I set up some boundaries, reminding myself and those around me that I am important, too, that I need some support on this new journey of mine.


1 comment: