Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Hot Dish: Vegetarian Italian Pasta Skillet Dinner
While searching the Weight Watchers site yesterday for Progresso soup info, I stumbled across this tasty-sounding dish which is super-low in POINTS and vegetarian. Since I'm not 100% up to par and don't feel like cooking an elaborate meal, this will be perfect for tonight's dinner!
Vegetarian Italian Pasta Skillet Dinner
Sponsored by Progresso® Light
POINTS® Value: 4
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
A 30-minute meatless skillet dinner for two, made with a can of Progresso® Light soup.
* 1 1/3 cups frozen sausage-style soy-protein crumbles
* 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion (1 medium)
* 1 can (18.5 oz) Progresso® Light Italian-style vegetable soup
* 3/4 cup uncooked bow-tie (farfalle) pasta (2 oz)
* 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
* 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella or Parmesan cheese (1 oz)
1. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook soy crumbles, mushrooms and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until crumbles are hot and vegetables are tender, about 4 to 6 minutes.
2. Stir in soup. Cover; increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Stir in pasta; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
3. Add spinach; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until spinach is hot and just begins to wilt, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Yields about 1 3/4 cups per serving.