Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cool Cocktails


Since I normally don't work on Fridays, Thursday nights begin my weekend. At 5 pm I strip off my work clothes, slip into a sexy outfit and head toward my favorite watering hole for Happy Hour. Sometimes, though, I can't afford the calories or the money spent on said celebration, so I turn toward my home bar and whip up something equally festive yet easier on the wallet and waistline.

Now, living in South Florida where the Cuban influence is so prevalent, you know that Mojitos are a way of life! The addiction to the heavenly concoction is so strong that we likely keep Bacardi in business and many of us, myself included, have added spearmint to our herb gardens lest we run out at an inopportune time! The problem is, while Mojitos are not as fat-inducing as those frozen drinks we all know & love, they can still do some damage, especially in excess which, frankly, is usually how I imbibe!

So, when I found this delicious and easy recipe over at Laaloosh, I was thrilled! My favorite drink, just as tasty with less than half the POINTS? Heaven! You know where I'll be tonight, don't you? Care to join me?

Weight Watcher Mojito Recipe

Ingredients:
- 1.5 oz Bacardi Rum
- 12 fresh spearmint leaves
- 1/2 lime
- 7 oz sprite zero or club soda
- 2 tbsp. Splenda

Directions:
In a cool tall glass, muddle the mint, Splenda and lime juice. Add crushed ice. Add rum, soda and stir well. Garnish with a lime wedge and a few sprigs of mint. Serve and enjoy!

Recipe makes 1 serving
Each serving = 2 point value


2 comments:

  1. Ooh,lovely! Especially as like yourself,I can't do just one glass or 2 of a cocktail :D Enjoy! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. GlasgowGalah, exactly! One is never enough..grin....

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete