Friday, January 3, 2014

Hot Dish: Black-Eyed Pea Chili with Quinoa and Corn

Hilda peeling onions photo HildaOnions_zpsd7d8c2c9.jpg

Just a quickie post to share tonight's delicious dinner! I wish I could literally have you all over to eat because this recipe made a huge amount of food and I would be more than happy to pass it around my table.

I had some extra pre-soaked beans from the Hoppin' John, and since it (finally) got chilly last night, I figured I'd put them to good use in some chili. With leftover cornbread, this made a scrumptious, tummy-warming meal, perfect for a cozy night in front of the fire, or, in our case, the patio chiminea.

I must warn you: this calls for two large onions which, if your food processor died over the holidays as mine did, might cause you to be in tears like poor Hilda up there! It's totally worth the sniffles, though!

Black-eyed Pea Chili w/Quinoa & Corn photo 20140103_172058_zpsl8jibrnx.jpg

The recipe comes from Fat-Free Vegan so not only is it tasty, it's also super healthy - no fat, lots of fiber, protein & other good stuff. Head over there for more of her yummy offerings!

Enjoy!

Michele~

No comments:

Post a Comment