Saturday, September 11, 2010
Thank You, Thank You!
The ever-so-fabulous Donell from She Shapes Up has graced me with another award! I am truly honored to be considered a Versatile Blogger; thank you, Donell!
I'm supposed to tell you seven things about me, and then pass the award along to seven other bloggers. Are you sure you all want to know more about me? As if I'm not an open book already. *wink* Ok, here goes..I'm adding some photos to make it more interesting for you..
1. I don't like snuggling, or noodling, or spooning, or any other bodily contact while sleeping. Before I'm snoozing, yes, but when I'm ready to get down to serious dreaming, I don't want to be touched. Not by dogs or cats or even warm, sexy men. Thank you very much.
2. Thanks to teen idol Robby Benson who took up the cause in Tiger Beat magazine, at age 11 I became a small time animal rights activist, actively protesting the Canadian harp seal hunt. Every chance I got I was spouting about the horrible abuse, passing around petitions to friends, family and anyone else who would listen. Already somewhat of a geek, this did not help my reputation or popularity. I was teased mercilessly. Boys would walk by me and pretend to be clubbing baby seals. I didn't care. I was dreaming of meeting Robby on an iceberg, our bodies thrown across white fluffy seals..our eyes would meet and he would fall instantly in love with me. Robby, honey, I'm still waiting.....
3. I suffer from a mild case of OCD. I hate clutter, can't function in chaos. My closet is color-coordinated, my shoes are stored in individual plastic boxes, labeled and alphabetized. I can't watch a movie if the family room is messy, everything has to be in place. I would die for Christina Aguilera's closet...swoon...
4. Some of you may not know this: Beren was my high school sweetheart and when he broke up with me (sob) I ended up dating, and marrying, his best friend. Kali is the result of that short marriage. 23 years, 2 more kids and another failed marriage later, we reunited, thanks to Kali and her father. We are all still great friends. Photo above is of myself and Strider, taken at his second wedding.
5. Speaking of Kali, she is not only an art teacher but also a tattoo artist. Her specialty is the Sailor Jerry style. If you're ever in Florida and want to get inked, look her up. Oh, she doesn't always look like a zombie, this photo was taken on Halloween.
6. As a child I was an avid reader, could not get enough of books. Once I was old enough, I'd walk the few blocks to the library every couple of days. I would start at one end of the children's section and make my way to the other, then start over again, hoping new books had arrived. The librarians hated me, nasty women that they were, because I was always asking them to place orders for me from other locations.
7. As I've mentioned before, I adore shoes. This isn't unusual, so many women do. I dream of owning a pair of Manolo Blahnik's but, alas, they are out of my budget. However, once I reach my goal weight I am treating myself to a pair. Beren promises to video the whole event to share with you. I'm sure you can't wait!
Now, I hope you'll forgive me for not officially passing along the award but so many of you have been awarded and tagged by me lately. I'm going to just share it with all of you who'd like to post seven things about yourselves, I'd love to learn more about you!
Have a Beauty-Full Day,