Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Just Wanna Look Good Naked


Part of the reason I'm working out and trying to lose weight is, of course, so that I will be healthier and hopefully live a longer, better life. But the bigger reason is vanity, pure & simple. I want to look better naked. For me, sex is much better when I'm thinner. Not necessarily for My Man because he is certainly not complaining now, but for me. I feel sexier and therefore I am sexier. I am more open when I'm not trying to cover up, hide my fat thighs or big tummy. I'm more adventurous and spontaneous and just plain fun. It may not be a popular thing to admit but it's the truth and I'd venture to say a lot of you would agree with me. I'm working this hard so that I can wear shorter skirts, tighter jeans..so that I can turn ahead now & then when I walk in a room. There's a confidence that comes with looking and feeling your best, we women just oooze sex appeal when we've got our game on! I had that once, and I want it back again! And then when I get home with Beren, I want to have him undress me to find gorgeous lingerie which looks damn good on me and yet he's quite happy to remove. Quickly. *wink*

So, these are the thoughts I was having at 6 o'clock this morning as I dragged myself out of a nice warm bed, put on workout clothes and headed out the door into the 30 degree weather. As I walked around the park, I listened to the super-suggestive hip hop music set that Kali made me, laughed out loud and sang those dirty lyrics under my breath, feeling strong & healthy and (almost) sexy.

Tell me, what's your reason for losing weight? Is it all for your health or is there some vanity thrown in? Are you like me and you just want to look good naked?

14 comments:

  1. I wanna look good in beautiful, feminine clothes. And I wanna feel healthy and energetic. And I wanna stay healthy because of my children. I can't enjoy my life if I'm overweight - simple as that. I feel like another person, a stranger, when I'm overweight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing vain about it, health is one thing, but the power of looking hot in black lace is VASTLY under-rated. Keep it up, I will think about you when I am dragging myself out of a my nice warm bed with visions of garters dancing in my head :)

    ~Vio
    http://vislosingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell yeah! Of course I want to be fit and healthy,but mainly it's about vanity.Fitting into pretty dresses and being able to walk in high heels :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to lose weight because I'd like to be able to look at a picture of myself and think objectively, "Chick with a nice figure." Not, "Fat schlub trying to hide her rolls behind funky jewelry and a caustic wit."

    You know what's funny? I always feel like I look better naked than clothed. Isn't that odd?

    Thanks for this question. It's quite thought provoking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you, self confidence is sexy and thats what Im trying to get back too. Sure sure, I want to be healthy and all, but you nailed a HUGE reason for the effort!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not worried about my health because I don't have any health issues. It's all about the vanity for me .. and the sex appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also wanna look good naked!

    But my main motivator is my future. I'm pretty young now...I want my life to be long, healthy, and full of adventure. I want to be a healthy, fit pregnant woman and then mother so I can have healthy children. I want to be everything I can be, mentally & physically, and I think that involves physical fitness and proper nutrition to fuel my body in the right ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All health, I'm afraid! I want sexier glucose numbers.

    Looking better has been a welcome side effect. I feel like I'm doing better with the looking-cuter part than the lowering BS part, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me - it is 99% vanity. Sure being healthier is a nice advantage too, but I doubt I would do it just for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm... 95% vanity 5% health.
    Though, I do have to say that I agree with jan. I think that very often I look better naked than with clothes on... Maybe that's because most of the clothes that I do wear are leotards and tights...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crystlee and Jan, when Beren and I got together (again) in 2004, I had recently lost 20 pounds and felt pretty good about myself but, let's face it, I was 40 years old and not as tiny or firm as I was at 17 when we dated the first time! I was a bit self-conscious being nude around him until one day he said to me, "you know, you're one of those girls who looks better naked than in clothes. You have a mermaid's body." Swoon! That made me feel fabulous and was the beginning of my obsession with mermaids, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great responses to this post, thank you so much! For the record, my "stats", other than BMI, are really good at this point, at least they were 2 years ago when I got my last physical. I've never had a BP problem and my cholesterol is ridiculously low. However, I get out of breath much easier now and that scares me. So, yes, I want to be healthier and stronger as well...and look good naked. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jan, wasn't that the sweetest? ;)

    ReplyDelete