Thursday, March 15, 2012

Breaking the Fast

 

We hear it all the time, Breakfast is the Most Important Meal of the Day.  No problem convincing me as I happen to love the morning meal, as long as I'm the one preparing it.  I'm not a big going-out-to-breakfast kind of girl, think one can really get into trouble with those temping hot stacks and sweet rolls, not to mention a staple here in South Florida: the giant bagel! I'd prefer to avoid all of that and just lounge about in my nightie, sipping coffee and nibbling on my own AM concoctions.

As I mentioned yesterday, after a long carnivorous absence, I'm returning to my vegetarian lifestyle and even playing with Veganism.  Suddenly eggs are abhorrent to me, certainly limits breakfast options! Digging around in the frozen section of the grocery store, I came across this meal from one of my favorite companies, Amy's. I figured this would be a good way to try out egg alternatives. I popped this baby into the microwave this morning and settled down with a fresh cup of java. Oh, my goodness! After ooh-ing and ahh-ing over each mouthful, I had to run to my computer and post a review.  This dish is hearty, am sure it will easily hold me over til lunchtime, and the flavors and consistency are perfection! I would definitely enjoy this several mornings a week and look forward to trying more egg substitutes. 

Note: this meal is is a bit higher than I normally "spend" on breakfast but since it's so filling, healthy & delicious, it's definitely worth the 8 Points Plus.






Have a Beauty-Full Day,





 




No comments:

Post a Comment