Friday, May 29, 2009

Weekend Getaway


Beren and I are headed out of town this morning for a little road trip. We're not going far, just about half an hour northeast of the Castle. We're meeting some friends for a "swimmingly good time," but I'm not going to tell you about that just yet, you'll have to wait for the pictures tomorrow! *wink*

In the meantime, I'm pondering how in the world I'm going to stay On Program while on this mini-vacation. While I am able to resist decadent desserts quite easily, I have a harder time with rich entrees and the inevitable bread basket. Oh, and then there are the cocktails..groan...this is a beach town, you see, where vacationers often start their day with a Bloody Mary and continue on with numerous poolside cocktails. The frozen drinks are not appealing to me, but a nice cold glass of Chardonnay or a crisp Vodka Tonic..mm....hard to say no to when one's friends are happily imbibing.

So, I'll need an extra dose of willpower today, dear friends. Wish me luck, and see you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, you can do it!

    Have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Robyn. I did ok but I wouldn't dare step on the scale today! *groan*

    ReplyDelete