Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hot Dish: "Meat"-Lovers Pasta!



There was a slight change of menu for last night since I didn't have all of the ingredients for the Thai-Style Shrimp (how did I run out of Better'n Peanut Butter?). That recipe will wait for another day but in the meantime I decided to use what I have on hand. I tweaked this Hungry Girl recipe, substituting some veggie Italian Sausage links that have been languishing in the back of my freezer. They are a bit higher in fat/calories than I like but they taste soooo good, totally worth it! Besides, do you know how much a traditional plate of spaghetti & meat sauce will "cost" you, nutrition wise? Yikes! I'll stick to my version, thank you very much.

"Meat"-Lovers Pasta

Meat Lovers Pasta

PointsPlus™ Value: 8
Servings: 1

Ingredients
1 serving(s) House Foods Tofu Shirataki noodle substitute (any shape)
1/2 cup(s) meatless soy crumbles
1/3 cup(s) shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup(s) Prego Heart smart traditional Italian sauce
1 link(s) Morningstar Farms® Veggie Italian style sausage

Instructions
Drain and rinse noodles; pat dry. Microwave for 1 minute, then pat dry again (the more water you soak up, the better the end result). Set noodles aside. Prepare sausage link on stovetop with nonstick spray and set aside. In skillet, heat Boca Ground Burger for approximately 3 minutes. Cut sausage into bite-sized pieces. Combine sausage, Boca meat, noodles, sauce and cheese, and mix well. Microwave entire dish for one additional minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment