Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer BBQ!



I've been craving some good old fashioned barbeque but, alas, our grill down here is broken. I had to "make do" by using my crockpot for this amazing Slowcooker BBQ Chicken, a recipe I've made many times for my family. Since I'm watching my weight and cutting down on meat, I decided to make a veggie version using Quorn Naked Cutlets, 2 Tablespoons of Stubbs BBQ Sauce served on a light whole-wheat hamburger bun. Alongside Pasta Salad (see recipe below) and steamed broccoli, this dish fulfilled my BBQ craving without compromising my diet!

This whole meal only cost me 8 Points+!



Easy Pasta Salad
6 serving(s) (1 Box) Ronzoni Garden Delight Pasta
16 oz Kraft Free Zesty Italian dressing
1 medium cucumber(s), diced
1 large tomato(es), diced
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional

Instructions:

Boil the pasta according to the directions on the package. Be careful NOT to overcook your pasta. When pasta is done (I suggest al dente), strain, and put in bowl. Let the pasta chill in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, or until the pasta is slightly chilled. Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, Italian dressing, and red pepper flakes. Toss thoroughly and serve, or chill until ready to serve.

Makes 6 Servings (3/4 cup), 6 Points+ Each


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Match meat in the freezer at whole foods makes a great vegan substitute as well.

    ReplyDelete