Monday, May 9, 2011

A New Plan


A little bit frustrated at my last weigh-in, my JCC and I discussed this lengthy plateau I'm experiencing, and how to break through it. I also shared with her the fact that due to the end of tax season, my hours at work are shorter, resulting in a smaller paycheck. *sigh* I'm not sure how I can continue to work Jenny Craig foods into my budget for the next x-amount of months until I reach goal weight. Alice suggested that I raise my goal weight just a little bit, making it a more manageable goal, and reminded me that when I reach goal I get a refund from Jenny. Great incentive, right? So, that's what we decided to do. I'm setting my official goal weight at 142, knowing that officially I'm still aiming for 136 or lower. Let's see how this goes.

In the meantime, I've been wearing my pedometer more consistently and visiting my treadmill more regularly, knowing that for me exercise really is the key to weight loss. Diet alone just won't cut it.

How's everyone else doing out there?

5 comments:

  1. I love it too.
    more manageable goal = setting yourself up for success.

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am amping up my exercise....starting CrossFit in 2 weeks which should do something for my plateau too! Good luck to us! We still need to get together on one of your weekends in OB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lovely Lady,

    Everyone seems to be in the same boat with budget constraints and plateaus or in my case a total rollecoaster.

    I'm needing to really plan and budget my eats as I've also got a cut in hours but I just need to keep thinking of the wardrobe full of gorgeous pin up clothes I need to fit into.You've done amazing so far and totally inspire me.xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too know that exercise is the real key to weight loss. Eating healthy is good for you. But exercise is how I'm gonna lose any real weight. I'm really proud of you for making the effort and for remaining positive through out all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for all of the support! You all are the BEST! :)

    ReplyDelete