Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Funnies


Happy "Fall Back" Sunday! Hope you all enjoyed your extra hour of sleep or..whatever.

Beren and I had a nice afternoon yesterday, went to see our good friend Artie open for Gretchen Wilson (pics to come). The weather was gorgeous, sunny and in the 60's, perfect for an outdoor event! Knowing that I would want to have a couple of light beers (this was country music, after all!), I planned ahead and worked off those calories in advance.



In addition to the 30 minutes on the treadmill, I logged some activity just doing chores around the house, easily meeting my goal of 10,000 steps per day. Anyway, as I was chugging away on the blasted machine, staring out the window while my i-pod blasted, I looked over to my right and this is what I saw...


(not included in picture: the pile of chicken wings recently consumed)

So, you see what I have to deal with on a daily basis..a skinny man sitting on the couch watching football while stuffing his face with chips & beer. ..shaking head..
Now do you feel sorry for me? *grin*

Anyway, we had a great time at the concert and I was able to enjoy aforementioned alcoholic beverages guilt-free, proud to say that I also eschewed all junk food offered, came home and prepared my Jenny meal/snack and was content.

Today we are doing some major housecleaning, am making some changes in our set-up here now that Kali has moved out and I have an empty room! Stay tuned for more news!

Here's today's menu, all planned out:



Have a Beauty-Full Day,

3 comments:

  1. I'm not really a fan of country music but something tells me that I could get down at a Gretchen Wilson concert. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the focus - it is great. Have you decided what to do with your room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the workout before the beer/concert. I bet the concert was FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete