Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday Menu Planning ~ Week of July 19


So, here we are again, Monday morning. *groan* I don't know about you guys, but I sure didn't want to get up and go to work this morning! I'd much rather be sitting by my pool sipping coffee planning a shopping trip! Alas, if Mama wants new shoes, she's gotta earn the bucks to pay for them, right?

Before I head to the office, I'm going to plan my menu for the week so that I can stop by the grocery store after work for necessary ingredients. We all know that planning is the key to success and I intend to have a successful week!

Meatless Monday ~ Pasta with Eggplant and Mushrooms (recipe below)
Take-Out Tuesday ~ Pizza for Beren & the kids, leftovers for me
Weigh-In Wednesday ~ Grilled Breast of Chicken Marsala with Grilled Carrots
Thrifty Thursday ~ Chickpea Curry
Fishy Friday ~ Cajun Shrimp Stir-Fry
Slow-Mo Saturday ~ Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Stew
Social Sunday ~ Grilled Portabella Mushroom Sandwich for me, BBQ burgers, etc for the family


Pasta with Eggplant and Mushrooms

-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 medium eggplant
8 ounces mushrooms -- sliced thin
1/2 large onion
14 ounces diced tomatoes
2 bay leaves
sweet basil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 cloves garlic
1 pound whole wheat pasta

Cut eggplant into 1 inch chunks. Saute in olive oil for 5 minutes. Add diced onion and mushrooms and onions and garlic. Saute for approximately 10 minutes, until onions and mushrooms are soft.

Add salt and pepper to taste, along with crushed red pepper, bay leaves and sweet basil. Add canned (or fresh) tomatoes. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer.
Simmer for approximately thirty minutes.

Cook whole wheat pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and top with eggplant mixture.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 351 Calories; 6g Fat (14.5% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 67g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 16mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain(Starch); 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.



Have a Beauty-Full Day,

5 comments:

  1. Planning does help. You are less likely to just grab something naughty if you have the ingredients for something healthy at hand.

    Wednesday sounds good to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started my meal planning yesterday! I really like how your recipe sounds. I am going to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plump Pin-Up's Unite! (PPUU) LOVE your blog. I just started one. Why? So as to snag your fancy widgets, duh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark, chicken marsala is one of my favorite dishes, can't wait to try this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ocupada, thank you for visiting! I just took a peek at your blog as well, love it! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete