Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Heavy



Have you all been watching the new A&E show, Heavy? I started tuning in last week and am hooked! So inspiring and encouraging, I like it much better than the super-competitive and sometimes-negative Greatest Loser. The only thing I'd like to see more of is their eating plans; other than an occasional dinner shot, we don't know much about how the participants fuel their bodies. The focus is more on exercise which is great but we all know there are several parts to this weight loss thing - food, body & mind.

Here's my food log for yesterday. Other than needing more veggies and increasing my water (not shown) I did ok.



Anyway, thanks to Heavy, I did two stints on the treadmill yesterday. The morning workout was fantastic, really energized me and put me in a great mood! I found myself driving along to work with the convertible top down, singing along to the radio. (I've mentioned that this is the busiest time of the year at work, right? The fact that I can walk into my office with a smile on my face is miraculous!) The second treadmill session was right before dinner - Beren was running late so I put his dinner on warm and hopped on for another 20 minutes, just long enough to finish last week's episode. Now, thanks to my DVR I have another episode waiting for me so guess where I'm headed in just a few?

Hope you all have a beauty-full day, and to my northern friends out there: please stay warm & safe!!

13 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it, but I'll have to tune in now! Sounds inspiring!

    Good luck with that water intake, mine's always terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady Fromage, it really is inspiring and heartwarming! These people work so hard to lose so much weight, it humbles me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a southern friend who is visiting your northern friends and I am freezing by 'getting smaller butt' off!

    I have come to the conclusion that exercise is a very necessary evil....I hate starting it but feel great when I finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacquie, you need to get your butt down south and meet us in Ormond! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh hubs and I so LOVE that show! Last night was no exception-we were so pulling for Sharon, and Ashley really surprised me-both had more strength then I think they ever thought possible! Can't say enough good things about that show.

    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen "heavy" yet, but I'll be looking out for it. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I used to say to find the inspiration and hold onto it. If Heavy is that key then go with it until the next round of inspiration takes hold. It's great to hear - two treadmill sessions? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been doing FANTASTICALLY. I can't believe you've lost so much in such a healthy and sustainable way. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessa, you are such a sweetie! Thank you!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, Misunderstood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roz, let me know what you think about Heavy, I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Polar's Mom, I totally agree! Ashley really kicked a**, didn't she? And have you seen the updated pics of her? OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have heard of heavy several time and still haven't tuned in I need to look for it sounds like my kind of show for sure. Way to go on the treadmill and a big congrats on the 20 lbs gone.

    ReplyDelete