* Mojo (African American culture), a magical charm bag used in voodoo
* a slang word for self-confidence, self-esteem or sex appeal
Adorable little Polar's Mom summed it up so perfectly in her comment of my last post: I seem to have lost my Mojo! I'm not sure where it went but I am sure I'll find it zippity quick and be back to my usual sassy self in no time flat!
I had my Jenny consult this morning and it was no surprise that I didn't lose, but I had expected a gain and was quite pleased when Alice announced, "you maintained." Music to my ears after the tough week I had. I did a bit of soul searching and think I figured out what I did "wrong" last week.
As you know, I met my halfway goal which meant I could start incorporating some Meals on my Own (MOMO) and Days on my Own (DOMO) into my plan. I was so excited about cooking not only for my family but also for myself, but unfortunately I hadn't really gotten the portion thing under control and my own food triggered some eating patterns in me that I haven't experienced since Jenny. I felt off track, out of control, and just plain not happy.
Looking back, I realize a couple of things I did that didn't work for me. First, I decided to do both DOMO over the weekend. Bad idea. The weekends are already less structured and adding the confusion of Exchanges, etc. just threw me for a loop. Also, having never really done MOMO before now, at least not officially, two days on my own in a row was too much.
So, this week I have it planned differently. Instead of DOMO, I'm doing a couple of MOMO. I bought 5 days worth of food this week and will integrate those with my own meals and see how that goes. I have a Jenny cookbook and plan to make a couple of my family's meals from there, portioning out the proper amounts and serving them restaurant-style. Any leftovers will be measured out into individual containers and either refrigerated or frozen, my own little Jenny Cuisine boxes. (Thank you, Catherine, for this great idea!)
Also, I need to get back on track with my exercise so I added a couple of new playlists to my i-pod and am gonna hit the road this evening. Sorry, Loki, you'll need to stay home, Mama needs some time to herself!
Now, here's some TGIF fun for you. This "game" is floating around blogland, I found it on Fat, Angry Blog as well as other places, thought I'd try it here myself....
30 days of photos - Day 1
1. A picture of yourself and 15 facts:
1. I am 46 years old
2. I am a Leo (and even if the new zodiac had altered that, I'm not buying it)
3. I was a preemie, born 3 weeks early, weighed in at 4 pounds 12 ounces.
4. Kali, my first daughter weighed 8 pounds, 12 ounces. She was 6 days late.
5. My parents were divorced before I was born (don't ask) and my mom remarried (a couple of times) so I now have a big ol' blended family!
6. I have 3 daughters from 2 different husbands but am now happily shacking up sans the legal stuff
7. I reconnected with my high school sweetheart after Divorce #2. We've been living together in non-marital bliss ever since (see above)
8. I love to cook but I refuse to believe that has anything to do with me gaining weight. Cooking didn't get me fat, eating did!
9. I love animals of all kinds. Especially cats. And wolves. (Loki made me add that)
10. I love to read and am starstuck by authors much more so than actors.
11. My mother died of lung cancer on February 4, 2009. It's not a happy fact but it is very much a part of who I am. (if you're a smoker, rest assured I'm gonna nag you go quit).
12. I love the color red. Big time.
13. I guess it goes without saying that I adore pin-ups.
14. I wear heels whenever possible, the higher the better, flats only when necessary and sneakers only when exercising. Otherwise, I'm barefoot.
15. When I was a little girl my mom forced me to have a pixie cut. It was not flattering. I eventually forgave her but in rebellion I grew my hair long..and longer..and still longer. I've recently cut it to a more manageable length more suited to an..ahem..woman of my age but you'll never see it shorter than it is right now. Rapunzel forever!
Still to come:
2. A picture of you and person you’ve been the closest with the longest
3. A picture of the cast of your favourite show
4. A picture of your night
5. A picture of your favorite memory
6. A picture of a person you’d love to trade places with for a day
7. A picture of most treasured item
8. A picture that makes you laugh
9. A picture of a person who has gotten you through the most
10. A picture of the person you do the most fucked up things with
11. A picture of something you hate
12. A picture of something you love
13. A picture of your favourite band or artist
14. A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
15. A picture of something you want to do before you die
16. A picture of someone who inspires you
17. A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
18. A picture of your biggest insecurity
19. A picture of you when you were little
20. A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
21. A picture of something you wish you could forget
22. A picture of something you wish you were better at
23. A picture of your favorite book
24. A picture of something you wish you could change
25. A picture of your day
26. A picture of something that means a lot to you
27. A picture of yourself and a family member
28. A picture of something your afraid of
29. A picture that can always make you smile
30. A picture of someone you miss
So, doesn't that sound like fun? You may end up knowing much more about me than you ever thought you would..or cared to. *wink*
Have a Wonderful Weekend! TGIF!