Saturday, November 14, 2009

Breakfast in Bed


Joe Bowler
Originally uploaded by ondiraiduveau
Well, not exactly...my handsome man is indeed making me breakfast but it'll likely be served at the dining room table instead of my budoir. *wink* I like to reserve that area for other activities.

While he's shredding potatoes for hashbrowns that I'm certainly not going to eat, I'm going to don my apron and whip up a batch of Kalyn's Egg Muffins. These are soooo good! I try to keep a batch of them on hand at all times, especially convenient on those busy workday mornings when I don't have time to cook.


EGG "MUFFINS"
(makes 12)

10-12 eggs
2 T fat free half and half
1-2 tsp. Spike Seasoning
1 1/2- 2 cups diced meat: canadian bacon, ham, cooked turkey sausage or cooked veggie sausage
1 1/2- 2 cups grated low fat cheese (I like sharp cheddar or feta)
Optional, but highly recommended, 3 green onions diced small.

Preheat oven to 375. Use regular or silicone muffin pan, 12 muffin size. If using silicone pan, spray with nonstick spray. If using regular muffin pan, put two paper liners into each slot, then spray liner with nonstick spray.

In the bottom of the muffin cups layer diced meat, cheese and green onions. You want the muffin cups to be 3/4 full, with just enough room to pour a little egg around the other ingredients. Beat eggs well with the half and half (you could use milk). Pour egg into each muffin cup until it is full to the brim, nearly overflowing. Bake 25-30 minutes until muffins have risen above the rim of the muffin cups and are slightly browned and set.

These freezer well. For best results, thaw in refrigerator before microwaving. I like to wrap them in a paper towel when reheating in microwave to soak up some of the liquid that is sometimes released.


Have a Beauty-Full Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment