Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oh, Yes I Can-Can!


Forgive the silly play on words but I am dancing for joy this morning after sneaking a peek at the scale - 2 pounds down since Monday, my friends! I am so happy to see the numbers drop for a change, just the motivation I need to Keep on Going!

Also, allow me to gloat just a tiny bit, won't you? Last night we met friends at the aforementioned Mexican restaurant, cozied up to the bar where the barmaid promptly presented us with a huge basket of chips & salsa which I immediately passed to Beren, far away from my reach. Then we were offered a giant margarita, on special; again, I passed. I did enjoy 3 glasses of wine and ate a bite of Beren's spareribs but otherwise I was Perfect! Not one sip of margarita, not a tiny bite of chips! I woke up feeling proud of myself and anxious to step on the scale instead of remorseful and dreadful.

So, there you go, my little NSV for the day! Now, let's keep the scale moving in the right direction, shall we? I've already planned tonight's dinner and tossed it into the crockpot so it'll be ready & waiting for me after work, just a little bean soup that's not really a recipe, just went to my pantry and gathered up a few cans of beans, added some water, onion & spices to the slow cooker and voila! My family will be adding some brown rice to their bowls but I'm not quite ready for that yet.

Off to work, hope you all have a Beauty-full day!

No comments:

Post a Comment