Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday, Monday...


I had such a wonderful, fun-filled weekend, all I want to do now is head back to bed, pull the sheets over my head and sleep...ahh...if only it were possible!

I did fairly well the past few days, stayed pretty much on program even when tempted by Beren's frying, my friend Hilda's baking and the general festive atmosphere that comes with birthday celebrations. There's lots more to come, though, considering that my actual birthday isn't until Thursday! *groan* It'll take all of my willpower not to overindulge, just need to hold tight to the image in my head of me at goal weight, looking fabulous at 45!

To start my week off on the right note, I'm making this yummy-sounding recipe tonight, looks quick & easy and by substituting Shirataki noodles for the pasta I should be able to shave off another POINT or so!



Mama Mia Vegetable Pie

POINTS® Value: 3
Servings: 6
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Have some leftover spaghetti? Then give our savory pasta pie a try.

Ingredients

1 tsp olive oil
1 medium bell pepper(s), chopped
1 small onion(s), chopped
3 medium portobello mushroom(s), (equivalent to 1/2 cup) chopped
12 oz canned tomato sauce
6 oz firm tofu, drained and crumbled
1 spray(s) cooking spray
2 cup(s) cooked spaghetti
3/4 cup(s) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded

Instructions

* Preheat oven to 375ºF.

* Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepper, onion and mushroom; sauté until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and tofu (be sure to thoroughly drain the tofu before crumbling it up and adding it to the sauce). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer mixture, uncovered, for 10 minutes.

* Meanwhile, coat a 9-inch-deep pie plate with cooking spray. Arrange spaghetti in bottom and up sides of pie plate. Pour tofu mixture over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese.

* Bake for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces.



No comments:

Post a Comment